List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Releases overwhelming us - need for improving the dot?
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-11 10:39:51

Hi,

On Friday 11 April 2014 11:25:43 Τάσος Κούτλας wrote:
> For the workflow issues Jos explained there is a workflow module for drupal
> shown here: https://drupal.org/project/workflow.
>
> CKEditor (https://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg and
> https://drupal.org/project/ckeditor) should do the editor trick.

Ok, thanks for the pointers

> Images in drupal are a bit problematic and it realy depends on how you will
> treat them. For adding inline images arbiterally I think that
> Insert<https://drupal.org/project/insert>module (
> https://drupal.org/project/insert), which integrates with
> WYSISWYG<https://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg>and
> CKEditor <https://drupal.org/project/ckeditor>, will do the trick.

Ok, we'll probably have to do some experimentation - Jos may have some
comments if there were other things he had in mind too...

> Are there any kind of roles within the team at the Dot? Are there any
> editors or authors how is that process getting on?

There are several roles defined, but not used to the full extent:
- Registered user: doesn't really make much difference to unregistered user, we
could use this to disallow unregistered comments (has been discussed in past).
Can view own unpublished content.
- KDE contributor: not really used, but this could become an author-level
account, interestingly, it looks like they can edit their own articles, but
not create them, at present - this role is assigned manually and there aren't
very many of these
- Editor: can create, edit and publish content
- Administrator: can change roles of other users, edit forms and - I assume -
change modules. Many of the editors also have admin roles, due having had the
need to poke various things at different points

So, we lack an author role at the moment, which might be the good thing to
add, but slightly more locked down than the Drupal defaults - workflow looks
like a good fit for this, as you suggested...

> I think that most of the things that Jos discussed can be fixed by usually
> used drupal modules. However I would like to know the current workflow and
> how things work within Dot at the moment.

At present, most articles come in either via email directly or via email using
the story submission form on the Dot. The only people who can create stories
are the editors, so everything that is submitted has to be put into Drupal
manually by an editor.

Thanks,
Stu