List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] workshop about KDE in Brazil
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-27 14:11:54

Hi,

On Thursday 27 March 2014 09:21:45 wes300@mykolab.com wrote:
> Hello everybody I will teaching about KDE in Flisol on Curitiba Brazil is a
> simple workshop for educators and students I think talking about  okular,
> Calligra,  Konqueror, dolphin ,  kile and all packages for education is
> sufficient is not?

That sounds good. I think talking on topics you know about is good, so if you
know those applications then that's a great start.

As you're focussed on education, you might also want to ask on the KDE Edu
list ( kde-edu@kde.org ) as they might be able to suggest some good apps to
demo/talk about and/or have some materials that could be useful to you.

From my personal experience, depending on the level of the students/teachers,
KBibTeX is also an excellent reference manager and the KDE plotting tools such
as Kst and LabPlot are worth thinking about - of course that's more for older
students.

Cheers,
Stu