List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-23 7:04:57

On Saturday 22 February 2014 18:31:55 James Cain wrote:
> From my POV, this whole exercise in how to best handle the front (public)
> face of a potentially delicate matter (Nepomuk's reputation and
> replacement) has been handled with insight, thoughtfulness, purpose, and
> empathy for all involved, including current and future users of KDE
> software. This has been demonstrated in both this thread, and the sister
> thread started by Aaron. It seems, from my vantage point, to have shown the
> expertise and suave that it takes to effectively communicate ideas that are
> very important.
>
> Well done to all involved, from Devs to Promo to the Visual Design Group
> and everyone in between.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for those kind words.

And yes, I agree, I am happy we came with a good solution. Once again showing
that it is neither conflict nor a (negotiated) simple compromise but open,
honest conversation that leads to the best solution. I sometimes wish more
people would understand this ;-)

I've put the article on the dot (not yet published), if there is any more
input let me know. Monday it goes, probably early on the day. I'll ping the
press list to tell them there's an update on the Search thing.

Let's hope a responsible news outlet like LWN picks up on it.

Hugs,
Jos