List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Àlex Fiestas <afiestas () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-02-18 21:59:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 18 February 2014 21:09:21 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> To me, it sounds like a 'have your cake and eat it too' solution. I always
> like those. The article already mentions that the API's and widgets are
> simply taken from Nepomuk. For application developers and many users they
> are the FACE of Nepomuk. So, we kept Nepomuk. The backend is changed - from
> Virtuoso to an abstraction layer called Baloo.
>
> Sounds like good spin if you ask me ;-)
Technically this is a lie, their api has been changed 100% (not a single line
compatible), virtuoso and Baloo are nothing alike. Baloo is not even semantic
in the way Nepomuk is.

Besides you will be able to have both, nepomuk and baloo running (for
compatibility reasons).

So as you say in the other email talk with Vishesh in the conference and get
some accurate and good promo-wise description.

Also, take into account that Phoronix (that might or might not have more media
outreach than the dot) has already published a link to an email where we
explain the facts, creating now a "good promo article" in the dot might be too
little too late.

cheers !