List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-17 14:56:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 17 February 2014 15:44:33 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data luned́ 17 febbraio 2014 15:43:29, Jos Poortvliet ha scritto:
> > Wel, Moronix has picked up on it. And I saw a blog on planet KDE talking
> > about it too - I guess it might be better to just get the article about
> > Baloo out.
>
> Actually it was the opposite, it was picked up because that blog post
> mistakenly used the word "abandoned".  Just FYI.

Yeah, it might have been better if we had just communicated first, to avoid
that... As an open community, it is just not likely we can keep stuff like
this secret for long. Trying to keep things hush-hush for marketing reasons -
fine for days or maybe weeks, but not months.

Hence my proposal - let's release this, sometime next week perhaps... And Mea
Culpa, as I was the one pressing for keeping this secret and releasing it as
part of our release marketing push.

/Jos