List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.13 release notes: start early
From:       Mario Fux KDE ML <kde-ml () unormal ! org>
Date:       2013-11-22 20:43:38

Am Freitag, 22. November 2013, 18.17:27 schrieb Carl Symons:

Morning Carl

First: You don't need to CC: me as I'm still on this list.

> On Friday, November 22, 2013 11:26 Mario Fux KDE ML wrote:
> > Morning guys
> >
> > As there are already starting to appear first blog post about 4.13 stuff
> > on the planet let's start early with a collection of them:
> >
> > https://notes.kde.org/p/release_4.13
> >
> > Cu
> > Mario
>
> These reminders are much appreciated, Mario.

Welcome.

> However, the content needs to come from developers and maintainers. With
> proper input, the promo team can put together a message.

The input I add to this page(s) come from them. Blog posts, dot stories, etc.
You don't propose to wait for developer to contact us what we should write in
the release notes?

Or another question: Do you think the above link/notes are useless?

> And as we've discussed previously, announcements and Dot stories about them
> are more effective if they feature significant and interesting developments
> rather than if they report some big improvements/some small tweaks/bits and
> pieces of everything in between/AND MUCH MORE!

What's the difference between "significnat and interesting developments" and
"big improvements"? Or do you see the problem that we mix big and small
improvements?

Do I understand you correctly that we should just keep big features in the
announcements and scratch bug fixes and small features?

> As an alternative to developers speaking up about what they've done, it
> might be an interesting promo project to go through the commit digests
> (links in stories on dot.kde.org) and pull out the big news. Someone would
> have to take this on...any takers?

I went through the commit-digest dot stories and the possible 4.12 stuff to
the 4.12 notes (and plan the same for 4.13) and I went through the
planet.kde.org and added all relevant blog post to the notes about 4.12 (and
4.13). That's already done.

> Is there anything happening in the developer channels to bubble good stuff
> to the surface?

Quite some questions but I want to understand you correctly.

Best regards
Mario