List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] [SFD Panjab University LUG] - Request for promotional goodies
From:       Shubham Chaudhary <shubhamchaudhary92 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-13 22:05:21

Hi everyone,

I am Shubham Chaudhary, a member of PULUG (Panjab University Linux Users Group).
I am actively involved with kde-multimedia and the KDE community. I am
a SoK student working under JuK.

We, at PULUG celebrate Software Freedom Day every year, and try to
bring out awareness about Open Source and its benefits.
We had about 180 to 190 attendees last year, and aim to double that
number this year.
Though Software Freedom Day is on 17th September, we plan to make it
bigger and will celebrate it on the 28th & 29th of October after
university exams.

This is the link to our SFD13 website:
http://www.softwarefreedomday.in

Here is a link to our SFD wiki pages -
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/India/Chandigarh/PULUG
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2012/India/Chandigarh/PULUG
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2013/India/Chandigarh/PULUG

I want to thank you guys once again on behalf of PULUG for sending
goodies last year.
We plan to let students know about participating in events like SoK,
GSoC and Akademy as always. We will have around 5  ex-GSoC students
and alumni who will join us and share their experience with the new
students.
In our session, we will also be teaching students how to install
Kubuntu on their PCs. We prefer KDE, as it is the most user friendly
desktop environment amongst our LUG members.
Distributing goodies has succeeded in spreading open source awareness
far and wide in our university.

It would be great if the KDE community could provide us with official
Kubuntu disks and goodies once again, so that we can make SFD a great
success.

I look forward to your response.

Thanking you,
Regards