List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Artwork - what, how and where
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-24 14:28:09

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam@kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
> <cordlandwehr@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 23 August 2013 12:12:04 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> >
> > > So, Andreas, what does gallery offer over owncloud? And does anybody by
> > > any
> >
> > > chance know how our admins will feel about either?
>
> How about actually asking our sysadmins about the feasibility of
> either of these ideas? That would actually help ruling out the
> obvious.
>
> While I rather like Gallery, I don't think it is a sane system as too
> many people would need access to it and would present a rather big
> security issue and another endless SPAM pit without decent access
> restriction.
> We have already several other possibilities at our hand, namely the
> wiki which I don't think should be ruled out, as it is possible to
> have a version history of the images, something we should not forget
> about.
> Access control to such a site should of course use our
> identity.kde.org service, which also would probably rule out Gallery.

Yeah, the wiki has the advantage of being there already - there's no
guarantee the sysadmins will feel like setting anything up, so let's
ask them first. Then, as it seems Gallery and ownCloud would both
probably fit our usecase, let's just see what they prefer or advise...

I will mail them tomorrow-ish ;-)