List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] review pls!
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-08-23 22:04:37

El Divendres, 23 d'agost de 2013, a les 08:51:01, Jos Poortvliet va \
escriure:
> Heya all,
>
> Howard has been doing a great job on the article explaining the future of
> our release cycle. I would kindly ask for a review from some folks here,
> both in terms of language as well as facts... Find it here:
> https://notes.kde.org/p/Platform5DotStory
>
> We also would like to here what people think about doing a more in-depth
> Frameworks 5 story in preparation for the real promo push in December. It
> should detail the why (goals), how (plans), what (current state) and \
> where (overview of what is where). I'm again hoping for a volunteer - I \
> have slides which would provide a great start :D
>
> What do we think?

I've marked several mistakes in the doc (here i'm the guy with the blue-ish \
 color)

Basically:
 * You seem to say there will not be a kdelibs 4.12 in various places, that \
is  not true
 * You keep repeating we have scheduled 4.13 for June 2014, that is not \
                true
 * You suggest users should try KF5 and Plasma2, do we really want users to \
go  there and see all the unfinished stuff?
 * You say "KDE Applications will be based on KDE Workspaces 4.11", this
reinforces the wrong assumption that you need to run a KDE Workspace to run \
a  KDE Application, please rework that sentence.

Cheers,
  Albert