List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Kopete changes for KDE 4.11
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-19 9:14:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 17 August 2013 02:41:01 Markus wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. August 2013, 06:22:19 schrieb Carl Symons:
> > Your information is exactly what is needed from developers so that
> > developers' work can be publicized properly. This episode makes it
> > painfully clear that the release process needs to be improved.
>
> Maybe for the next release we could do another attempt at a more thorough
> Release Notes document in the Wiki. That has the added benefit that
> something like this can even easily be added after the release.
>
> We had a cut-down version this time and while it did not turn out as awesome
> as I hoped, I could add the Amarok 2.7 crash info there. At least Golem.de
> included that warning in their article because of that -- a  small success
> amid the tragic Kopete oversight.

Awesome. I think the crash warning would be a very good fit for that page and
yes, please add that.

Otherwise - features are described in the announcement, but if we miss stuff
and discover that post-release, that, too, fits fine in the Release Notes on the
wiki, so if you would be so kind to add them too, that'd be great.

/J