List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interested in promoting KF5
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-16 15:28:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 16 August 2013 21:53:01 Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> Hello KDE Promo team,
>
> I saw
> http://blog.jospoortvliet.com/2013/08/help-kde-communicate-frameworks-5-and
> .html and would like to help on the effort.
>
> Fortunately, since I'm Kubuntu Member I got myself a Planet KDE
> account, so it would be useful:)
>
> Regards,
> Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
> Kubuntu Member

Hi Howard!

Awesome you want to help ;-)

We're working in this etherpad:
https://notes.kde.org/p/Platform5DotStory

You need a kde identity to acccess it. I don't believe that requires anything
other than creating one of those at http://identity.kde.org ;-)

What I suggest is you simply go in the pad and start the reading-up-on-stuff
part - there are some links to blogs on top. If you've already seen them -
you're good to go to step two: see where you can add things. The actual text
starts at the long ================== and below, you can start to hack. It has
just sections like "frameworks 5" with only a small hint as to what should be
there, so anything is better than nothing... Don't worry to much about HOW you
say the stuff (spelling, grammar and wording are all unimportant), just focus
on getting the content in. Editing for form and shape will easily be done by
others like Carl and myself later on.

Is this enough to get you going, smartboyhw? you can ping me on irc, I'm
usually in #kde-promo as jospoortvliet. Or ping carl (kallecarl) he's also
very much capable of helping out.

Hugs,
/Jos