List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Use new Konqi mascot
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-25 7:50:50

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 09:37:48AM +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 20:25:13 schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> > On 2013-05-21, Maarten De Meyer <de.meyer.maarten@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm not sure where or when we should add it so I'm asking for feedback
> > > here.
> >
> > I *love* the current konqi and it is a well known mascot. I do think
> > that changing it is the wrong thing to do.
>
> What about adding the many new mascots as Konqi's kids/nephews as in the
> DuckTales?

this new artwork rather obviously represents individuals from a
different species than konqi and kate. kids notice such stuff, and
teaching them to accept such contradictions is most certainly the wrong
thing to do.

reminds me a bit of klingons in TOS vs. TNG, for that matter. ^^

> Their look would certainly fit that role. I can e.g. imagine them
> acting as "teachers" in KDE Edu apps for children.

i suppose that depends on the targeted age group.