List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Use new Konqi mascot
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-05-24 19:08:50

Am Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 00:06:50 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> kde as a whole - i can already see the faces of the business users who
> open the about dialog to be greeted with an oversized, flashy,
> ridiculously looking logo.

I would actually agree with this. There should be no mascot in the GUI. No
matter whether the old or new dragon(s) they do not look professional but
toyish. They are mascots, so that's fine to some extent, but as somebody else
pointed out, they are not the logo and only the logo should be part of the
GUI.

If I remember correctly my Android phone does not show the mascot either in
any part of the GUI but only as a progress indicator when updating the
firmware.

Sven