List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] FOSDEM post-2012 review
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-01-28 21:56:38

Here's the items from the post-2012 review from the wiki [1];where are we on
them?

1     Awesome event, lovely KDE people, good stall, good devroom
2   Needs overall coordinator,
3    stall needed good posters, well thought about marketing points
4    we need a driver to carry equipment and people to and around brussels
5    swap telephone numbers before so we can stay in contact

I'm having trouble matching the messages on this mailing list with the list of
people on the wiki -- I guess all the devroom folks aren't listing themselves
there.

Point-by-point:

1 No comment, haven't attended in a few years, but last time I was there it
all felt a little pointless.

2 No comment.

3 John asked about talking points previously; is there marketing material /
talking points? Demo material? I mean, my stall talk is basically "Yeah,
Konsole and Kate in KDE 4.8.3 were pretty cool."

4 No comment.

5 Here's a calculation for my number:

	+(two to the power five, minus one) 6 (like all dutch mobe-phones)
	the first two-digit perfect number
	twice that
	the first two-digit prime with repeated digits
	the answer to life, the universe, and everything

I'm arriving by train around four -- maybe earlier, depending on when the
grandparents show up in Nijmegen to take over kid-suppression duties -- and
dropping my stuff off at Hotel Astrid (where the FSFE is booking folks -- there
were three room-sharers, so there's likely a spare bed, still if anyone's
interested) and then heading over to the Poechenellenkelderke (Slutty Nun)
where I will be grumpy over beer and snacks until late or interesting people
arrive.

[1] http://community.kde.org/Promo/Events/FOSDEM/2013