List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] No more talking about Nepomuk to end users
From:       John Layt <jlayt () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-01-21 20:16:47

On Monday 21 Jan 2013 11:02:01 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> What do others think?

I thought we already had :-)  Definitely agree, anything aimed at users such
as the Workspace and Applications announcements and GUI strings should only
ever use general terms rather than specific technology names, but anything
aimed at developers such as the Dev Platform announcements obviously should
use the technology name.

One exception would be if we come up with catchy generic or abstract names
that obviously describe a feature or concept exposed to the user that can
remain consistent no matter what technologies are used underneath it (e.g.
"Spotlight" for OSX search).  A short name is far easy to write or remember
than "KDE Semantic Search Services".

Cheers!

John.