List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Back to basiscs, fill the page
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-09 12:12:31

Hi Nuno,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Nuno Pinheiro <nuno@oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> A Terça, 9 de Outubro de 2012 12:58:47 Myriam Schweingruber escreveu:
> > Hi Felix,
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Felix Michel <felix_michel@gmx.ch> wrote:
> "Back_to_basics" was mostly an idea I had about a marketing angle that we
> shoud explore, somthing tangible for the outside user comunity to undrstand
> and resonate with in a time were were most or our competition seams IMO lost
> in a redefenition of what thye are and what the desktop is, (mostly trying to
> be 2 incompatable things at the same time)
>
> So in a pargmatical sence anythithing we can do in the desktop that can be
> marketed as "we care about the basic mouse/keybord driven experience" witch
> all of the stuf agateau is doing can fall into. if explained to users in plain
> english and not developerish lingo...
>
> So back to basics was mostly marketing. with any sort of catual work to back
> it.. exmaple my blog posts as of late.

Yes, I indeed remember this and also read your blog posts, I was just
not aware that this was a marketing project aimed at the users, while
the Extra Mile Initiative is indeed more developer drive, although I
am sure the Promo Team can also help us turn this into a more
user-friendly wording :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org