List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kdesupporter.com
From:       wayne speir <wspeir () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-22 21:05:54

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Claudia Rauch <rauch@kde.org> wrote:

> > > Hello. I like the idea, but I would personally prefer an @kde.org email
> > > address if one were to be given. Similar to what The Linux Foundation does
> > > with their linux.com email addresses (see:
> > > http://www.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/06/want-a-linuxcom-email-address.html).
> > >  Still, I do think it's a nice touch to offer one if a .org email address
> > > isn't possible (perhaps they are saved for board members?).
> >
> > I'm against that. The @kde.org addresses are for members of the eV.
> > There is also kdemail.net but IMHO kdesupporter.com sends the strong
> > message "I am a KDE supporter", while kdemail.net does not.
> >
> > > I'm surprised no one responded to the thread.
> >
> > Me too
>
> For me this got lost in the pre-Akademy tasks. Sorry. I also like the idea.
>

> > > Does your purchase of the
> > > domain also include x-number of email addresses? Or would they need to be
> > > purchased as they are given out?
> >
> > That would be managed by KDE sysadmins, i. e. infinite mail addresses.
> >
> > --
> > Pau Garcia i Quiles
> > http://www.elpauer.org
> > (Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)

> --
>
> Claudia Rauch
> Business Manager
> KDE e.V.
> Linienstr. 141
> 10115 Berlin
> Germany
> Phone: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 0
> Fax: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 9
> Mobile: +49 178 522 3086
>
> KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Berlin
> (Charlottenburg), with number VR 31685. Its president is Cornelius
> Schumacher. For more information please see http://ev.kde.org, and
> http://kde.org/

http://kdesupporter.com shows links for online school, help desk
software, community college courses, forex trading, etc.

It seems that there is no real content there so perhaps the host is
redirecting the link.

Seems like we should put some KDE content up there or at least control
what is there...

-- Wayne