List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kdesupporter.com
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2012-08-21 17:55:52

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM, James Cain <james.cain.25@gmail.com> wrote:

> > A while ago I purchased kdesupporter.com. The idea was to give an
> > @kdesupporter.com forwarding mail address to people who'd Join the
> > Game. Is there any interest in carrying on?
>
> Hello. I like the idea, but I would personally prefer an @kde.org email
> address if one were to be given. Similar to what The Linux Foundation does
> with their linux.com email addresses (see:
> http://www.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/06/want-a-linuxcom-email-address.html).
> Still, I do think it's a nice touch to offer one if a .org email address
> isn't possible (perhaps they are saved for board members?).

I'm against that. The @kde.org addresses are for members of the eV.
There is also kdemail.net but IMHO kdesupporter.com sends the strong
message "I am a KDE supporter", while kdemail.net does not.

> I'm surprised no one responded to the thread.

Me too

> Does your purchase of the
> domain also include x-number of email addresses? Or would they need to be
> purchased as they are given out?

That would be managed by KDE sysadmins, i. e. infinite mail addresses.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org