List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Nit-pick about 4.9 announcement: Dolphin
From:       Hans Chen <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-04 19:50:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Carl Symons <carlsymons@gmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't refer to mouse buttons. It refers to the toolbar. Prior
> to 4.9, users could return to previous directory locations in Dolphin
> with a back button. But there was no forward button, so they could not
> retrace their steps after using the back button.

Dolphin has had a forward button as long as I can remember, here's e.g. a
screenshot of Dolphin in the early <4.0 days:
http://dolphin.kde.org/images/dolphin_alpha1.png
Support for mouse buttons is the only new feature that I can think of that
matches the text. Another common feature request is to get a list of
back/forward steps, like in Konqueror, but as far as I know it hasn't been
implemented.

> Also, is Dolphin, Konsole, etc. considered part of Workspaces now?
>

> Yes as applied to Dolphin and Konsole. It's not clear what you intend
> by "etc." In your view, how is this an issue?

Not an issue, I just wanted know for sure - I always thought KDE Workspaces
only included the Plasma Workspaces (Plasma Desktop, Plasma Netbook, etc.),
which in turn consist of Plasma, KWin, KRunner, and other things that the
user wouldn't think of as traditional applications. By "etc." I meant other
applications that I may have missed, such as System Settings.

Cheers,
Hans