List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.9 release notes
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jos () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2012-07-20 19:52:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 July 2012 13:03:21 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick reminder: 4.9.0 is at the door, and we need release notes for
> that. I won't be able to work on that as I'll be travelling until one day
> before the release, but I also haven't seen any work on that (might have
> missed it).
>
> Is anybody planning to work on the release notes?
>
> Cheers,

I see Carl already created a pad:
https://promo.notes.kde.org/76

It is currently a copy of the 4.8 announcement with minor changes. I'm
adding some things now from
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Feature_Plan

but more will be needed. I'll try and go through some commit digests but
that's a LOT of work... If anyone wants to help with that, pick a few,
starting around the release of 4.8, look for the big features (in the
summary!) and mention here which ones you've already covered. Make sure
that, if you add things, to check if it's actually in 4.9! Looking for the
specific commit can help in that regard, or testing of course.

Hugs,
Jos