List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.9 release notes
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-19 20:29:23

On Thursday 19 July 2012 13:03:21 Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> Just a quick reminder: 4.9.0 is at the door

When, exactly? (Yes, I know I should know it).

I'll try and contribute, but I have way to many spinning plates at the mome=
nt. =

At the very least, I can try and get through an announcement and do native =

English tidy-ups etc.

Can you poke one of the devel lists to ask people to note down new features =

when an etherpad is set up? If there's a list of features, I (and others) c=
an =

turn those into an announcement quite quickly, for the text at least. But =

finding out what is new is tricky - the feature plans tend to get out of da=
te =

and the other option is going through blog posts.

As several of us have said before, we need to start this process sooner bef=
ore =

releases. I'm as much to blame as anyone for that not happening and I'm sor=
ry. =

But I /should/ have a bit more time in the end of this year to sort that ou=
t.

Cheers,
Stu