List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Showing facts that are hard to believe
From:       Àlex Fiestas <afiestas () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-01 13:23:30

Hi there !

First of all, for those who may not know me I'm NOT  a person you should
listen when it comes to promo. I'm horrible at it.

With that previous warning in mind... let's get to the point.

Millions of people are using our software, we have the biggest deployments out
there like Portugal, Brasil or more recently Munich. You may think that
knowing these facts is enough to motivate collaborators, to make them
understand that what they are doing have an impact into society but I'm afraid
it is not.

I have been having a few conversations with a wide range of collaborators and
all of them agreed that they are doing KDE stuff because of the community, they
don't belive that we are relevant. They are WRONG.

So, I want to propose a series of posts that I CAN'T do and I CAN'T coordinate
to show with pictures, videos, interviews (facts) all our deployments world
wide. We don't necessarily have to aim only for big deployments, but also
cases like the small company that is more productive thanks to our software.

Let me stress that what we need are facts, interviews, videos, pictures...
announcing these things won't work because well...  you know what they say "If
I haven't seen it, then it doesn't exists" xD

The Munich Linux guys are around Akademy, I'm going to approach them but
should not do the actual interview... for our own sake xD

So, what do you think? ramblings from a crazy developer?

Cheerz !