List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] just wondering
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-31 18:15:43

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<toscalix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if we associate to every Dot article a hashtag like a tag, we maybe can show
> it somewhere so, besides the article, we show twitter comments about it.
>
> Just an idea......
>
> Saludos
> --
> Agustin Benito Bethencourt

Sure it's completely doable in the current Dot framework.

However those capabilities need to be added, a system designed and
implemented. Considering how much work it would take and competing
priorities, it's not worth the bother. I doubt that individual
articles/hashtags would generate much activity.

Now a Dot hashtag could be interesting. That doesn't require any new
plumbing at dot.kde.org. Not sure how much social activity goes on
around Dot articles. I think this has more to do with the subject
matter than with any particular Dot article. Maybe someone who's into
this kind of thing will investigate.

Carl