List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Writer needed for UK school deployment of KDE software
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-13 14:23:52

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 2:26 AM, George Goldberg
<grundleborg@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 13 May 2012 09:54, Stuart Jarvis <jarvis@kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi all and thanks Lydia for the nudge :-)
>>
>> On Wednesday 09 May 2012 19:15:29 George Goldberg wrote:
>>> I'm up for it - but it depends on when you need the article to be
>>> done. =A0I'm in the middle of university exams at the moment so can't
>>> spare any time just yet, but from the description it sounded like this
>>> might be more in the future anyway. =A0Was just waiting to see if any
>>> else with more time stepped up first, but I guess there isn't anyone
>>> ;)
>>
>> Well, if you fancy doing it, you were the first to reply so that sounds =
good to
>> me. As far as timescales are concerned, I think it would be good to make
>> contact with the guy at the school before the start of June (school will=
 be
>> winding down then - he might not be so available for a bit). The final a=
rticle
>> should probably not come in until just after the official launch of the =
new
>> computers - so that's early in September.
>>
>> How do those dates sound to you? If it's a bit tight, there are several =
other
>> people interested too, so not a problem :-)
>
> Works for me. =A0Although I wouldn't say no to help from anyone else who
> replied since this is the first time I've taken on an interview-type
> article for the dot.
>
> --
> George

Mainly what is needed is to get the pertinent information through an
email interview. It may take a couple of iterations. I suggest letting
your own curiosity and interests be your guides. The best interview is
one that elicits the personality of the interviewee and reveals the
"so what" of their project beyond just the details.

People on the Promo team and Dot editors are available to help mold
the responses with attention to punctuation, grammar, spelling and
general editing. So don't be too concerned with that stuff.

Ping us if you want.

Carl