List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Writer needed for UK school deployment of KDE software
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-02 10:29:34

Hi all,

I received a mail a few days ago from a school in the UK that is doing
a roll out of ~400 computers using KDE software. The official
unveiling will be at the start of the next school year (September) but
they are already at a pretty good stage - I've seen some nice
pictures. This is quite cool news, since the UK often sucks at this
kind of thing (free software in education, or public institutions in
general). There have been a few others, but there is not normally a
whole lot of press about it.

So, we need a writer. It's a fairly simple, but fun task. I''ll put
you in touch with the contact at the school and you cna put together
an interview (we can help with questions, standard things like why KDE
software, how's the process going, what improvements could be made,
what do students/teachers/parents think, any plans for further
expansion). Ultimately the article would go on the Dot (and there's a
fair chance some UK news outlets might pick it up, particularly if I
poke some people I know...).

Publication probably wouldn't happen until September, but that gives
plenty of time to ask some questions and do follow up as required near
to or after launch. It alos means that, unlike many things here, you
won't be under a lot of time pressure. Who might be interested? It
could suit a past or new writer for the Dot equally well.

Cheers,
Stu

--
Stuart Jarvis