List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] brand, 2009 re-branding mentioned in general FS blog-post
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2012-03-22 10:57:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,
you may be interested to know that I am using the 2009 re-branding of KDE
as a positive example in my blog post

http://blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard/2012/03/lets-end-all-free-software-projects-quickly/

"The KDE re-branding effort was born out of similar thoughts. As I would say:
KDE is the initiative, and KDE Platform and Plasma are some of their
products. KDE will be able to explain themselves and their products better to
a wider audience. This is very good for new applications based on the KDE
Platform, often done by a KDE group, but able to run without Plasma, the KDE
Desktop. I believe in this re-branding, because it supports illustrating that
KDE products fly well beyond the old operating system borders."

Always interested in feedback! :)

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member