Hey, On Thursday 15 March 2012 14:21:27 heathmatlock wrote: > It's my first attempt at promoting KDE through video: > http://youtu.be/H0xIfSyio_c Firstly, it's very cool - I like it very much :-) > I realize the rendering is off a bit, and I'll try working on that, > but I figure something is better than nothing. The idea is to create a > series of these videos over the coming months, and eventually make a > commercial quality video in the end. That's a good idea, so here are some thoughts for future iterations: - You concentrate on the software (which is fine) but then you shoud say 'what makes KDE software great', not what makes KDE (= the community that makes KDE software) great. - The font, while nice, screams Kubuntu at me (I may be wrong, but I think it's the Kubunut/Ubuntu font?) If so, maybe go for something more distro- agnostic. I think there's a reccommended KDe font, but I can't think what it is right now - It's really great for me to watch as someone who knows the software and the features quite well, but I think some more text overlays would be ncie to say what's going on, for example: -- when tiling windows, say something like 'easily tile windows to maximise your space' (you can probably think of a better way to say it) -- when swithcing between activities, again state what is happening (btw, that's a really great way to show the activites concept in my opinion) --maybe give your demo activities more descriptive names, such as 'movies' etc Thumbs up for using a CC-licenced music track /and/ remembering to put the required credits :-) Overall, it's very very promising, imho. We could use such a thing at our booths at exhibitons probably, if we can find a screen or projector to put it on a loop - plus the obvious use on YouTube, maybe kde.org etc... Cheers, Stu -- Stuart Jarvis KDE Marketing Working Group, Promotion Team and KDE.News Experience Freedom with KDE http://www.kde.org/ _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.