Hey, On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Carl Symons wrote: > On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Nikolaos Pantazis > wrote: >> I propose the removal of the ability to add commends in dot articles >> and the addition of a link to the corresponding kde forum post. >> >> People want to talk about kde software. They want to cheer, they want >> to whine. They just like talking about it. Lets give them the right >> place to do so. >> > > I don't think this will accomplish what we want for KDE promotion. > Some comments definitely belong in the KDE forum. But others clearly > don't. Some comments are about distro packaging. Some are about links > that aren't working. It just isn't that big of a deal to read the > comments via RSS and handle each one appropriately. Ok, so here is what I think: - You, Carl, are the most active both on the Dot in general and in comment moderation - Therefore, I think - within limits, and don't worry, we'll give feedback on those... - you should get to choose how the system works, or at the very least try out things to see if they work In my reading of the earlier dot-editors thread, I think your conclusion was to moderate all comments before they appear (I'm not sure whether you wanted to also disallow anonymous commenting completely) If that's right, then I'd be happy for you to go ahead and we can see how it goes and revisit after some set time (say a month, two months). What would be needed to make this happen? The technical side in Drupal is easy, I guess, to queue all comments for approval? Do we need more people to moderate the comments? Cheers, Stu _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.