List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.8 announcement
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-24 17:37:25

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Sebastian K=FCgler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you know, we're releasing 4.8 in about two days. As we want this to go
> together with a nice announcement, we still have a bit of time left to im=
prove
> our text.

Would someone please add information about bugs?
"KDE Platform provides the foundation for KDE software. In addition to
the new features described in the individual release announcements,
KDE contributors have closed over [X] bug reports (including over [X]
unique bugs in the software released today) since the last major
release of KDE software. KDE software is more stable than ever
before."

Vivek sent a message "tracking bugs for 4.8 announcement" with queries
that may need to be tweaked. The queries are long and involved. Given
that this release features stability and performance, it would be nice
to include bug fix information.

It's almost time to go public with this announcement. Can someone put
this information together please?

Carl