List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 4.8 release announcement -still half empty
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-09 10:12:31

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2012-01-09, Carl Symons <carlsymons@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Nikolaos Pantazis
>><pantazisnikolaos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do we have a default wallpaper in 4.8? (For the screenshots?)
>>>

>> I think that it's Ariya by Eshat Cakar. That's what is being installed
>> in the RCs.
>>
>> Sebastian, has this been settled for the release?
>>
>> There was a contest that closed 4 December to be judged by Nuno, Ingo
>> and Lydia. Any decision?
>
> According to my informations, Eshat won that contest with the Ariya
> wallpaper.
>
> I btw think there could be a dot story about the contest, the result,
> and a interview with the artist
> =A0- why 'Ariya' and is it related to Qt hacker Ariya Hiyadat
> =A0- what other artistery have you done or plan to do in near future
> =A0- do you do anything else related to KDE

That would be great indeed :-) Anyone fancy doing that? It's be an
easy one... Just write some questions, essentially the ones Sune just
mentioned, maybe a few others like what features they are looking
forward to in this release, favourite apps etc etc

Re the release notes in general, sorry for being MIA*. Thanks to
everyone who has done work so far and please keep going, I'll try and
make a good effort this coming weekend at the latest.

Cheers,
Stu

*the final part of my PhD - the viva - is coming up and keeping me
pretty busy, while also writing papers and working on other KDE
stuff...