List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Internships
From:       Lydia Pintscher <lydia () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-10-23 14:38:24

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 16:22, Algot Runeman <algot.runeman@verizon.net> wrote:
> Sorry if I've missed it, but does KDE have anything like this in play?
>
> Especially with the opening up of Qt as a community guided toolset, getting
> people into the KDE community from their college/university experience could
> be valuable.
>
> [Source is the Teaching Open Source mailing list for professors to be
> involved with using open source programming methods with their classes.]

We have Google Summer of Code, Season of KDE, Summer of Code in Space
and hopefully soon again Google Code-in. KDE e.V. doesn't pay people
for development so unless we find an external sponsor (who's money is
better spend on other things imho) for this it's not going to happen.
That being said I think with the above 4 programs our mentoring
capabilities are currently stretched very much. I don't see us able to
add an additional program atm.

If you want to help with our mentoring efforts please spread the word
about Google Code-in (see my blog on planetkde for more details and
previous emails to this list.) of which I very much hope we'll be a
part again. Come up with tasks and mentor/find mentor for them :)

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member