List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] tasks for Google Code-in
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2011-10-23 9:22:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday, 2011-10-17, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Ok it's time to actually collect the tasks :)
>
> Here's a blog with information:
> http://blog.lydiapintscher.de/2011/10/17/i-need-your-ideas-for-google-code-
> in/ and here is the ideas page:
> http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011/Ideas
> Last years ideas page for inspiration:
> http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2010/Ideas
> Please add a lot of tasks. We can only add new ones half-way through
> the program. We need at least 5 tasks in each area.

While thinking about that I came up with an idea that is somewhat promo
related to I wanted to check with you first.

I remembered that some years ago we regularily ran into the situation that
when demo'ing KDE we either had a contributor's setup or basically empty demo
accounts.
I.e. we didn't have a consistent set of data for our various applications to
show.

So the general idea would be create a set of tasks to create one or more such
sets of demo data.

E.g. from a PIM perspective a fake persona with contact data, calendar
entries, maybe an email exchange with another persona, etc.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring