Hi, Thanks Stu for the imput. Does anyone disagree to use Hashtag: #kde15 E-mail: 15@kde.org Next steps in my pov would be: - Dot article on 1 October (Who could do that? Please enter you name here...) - Setup the e-mail adress (Thomas) - Ask artists for a awsome logo (Please enter you name here...) - Update https://promo.notes.kde.org/50 with the points below (Please enter you name here...) Cheers, Thomas On Monday 19 September 2011, 14.13:04 wrote Stuart Jarvis: > Hey, > > So first up - I have to finish my PhD and am therefore useless on this until at > least October. > > So until then, I can only suggest what I think needs doing... > > On Sunday 18 Sep 2011 13:39:02 Thomas Thym wrote: > > Hi again, > > > > I searched the old discussion and found the following link to an etherpad > > about the KDE day. https://promo.notes.kde.org/50? > > These are cool. I like the ideas of doing something special and collating > them. Here's a suggestion: > > Dot article on 1 October that: > - States it's KDE's 15th birthday in a couple of weeks and urges people to: > --Make a cake or take a picture of "KDE" in a creative way and start sending > pictures to some email address (an @kde alias would be ideal) > --Tells them to look out for more on 14 October > (this gives us hopefully some cool stuff to put in the 14 Oct Dot article) > > On 14 October: > - Dot article published and linked from all our social media channels > --Include the best pics we got in the appeal and links to a whole load of them > --Ask people to tweet what they are doing with hashtag kde15 (or whatever, but > we should set something). Also for use on twitter etc > --Ask people to do something for KDE, one or more of: > ---Donate 15 somethings in your local currency (works ok in $,£,Euro imho in > some places 15 local makes no sense, so maybe we suggest equivalent of 15$ or > Euro) > ---Write a blog post about what KDE means to them, which could be a 15 things > about KDE meme > ---Tell 15 people about KDE > ---Praise someone in the community (personally or in public) > ---Most of all, tweet whatever they do/put it on facebook or wherever: "I just > baked a cake for KDE's birthday [link to pic] #kde15 > - Modify buzz.kde.org (or make a new page based on it) to collate only stuff > with the hashtag we define. > - Get a banner on kde.org that links to the dot story or the buzz page > > > So, to do that the tasks would be: > - Two dot articles > - Talk to controllers of each social media channel and have them spread the > word too (there's some automation already from dot articles). I'm one of the > Facebook peeps so I can deal with that one. > - Talk to web team about buzz.kde.org > - Talk to sysadmins about possibility of an 15@kde.org or something alias that > we can send to (e.g.) a GMail account to collect pic submissions. > - Contact the KDE e.V. members list in advance with a request for people to > blog/tweet on the day (probably the best place to get a lot of people, we can > consider other lists too) > - Harass one of our artists to do a KDE 15 logo for the banner > > > So what this really needs is someone 'in charge' to make sure things get done > (something like the above, or whatever their vision is - it doesn't matter as > long as it happens). It can't be me, but maybe Thomas? Carl? Anyone else? > > Individual tasks can be taken by other people and I'll try and help in > October. > > Let's make this happen :-) > > Stu > > > _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.