List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Desktop Summit
From:       Claudia Rauch <rauch () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-28 7:52:39

Hi Aaron,

On 28 July 2011 09:48, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2011 20:28:34 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Who is going to the Desktop Summit this year? We'll need a team to deal with
>> interviews, reports and pictures for the Dot and it would be great to get
>> some video interviews too.
>
> now that 4.7.0 is out, i'll pop up my head and say:
>
>                                I'll be there! :)

Awesome :)

> i'd like to help out with:
>
> * encouraging attendees to blog
>
> * rounding people up to be subjected to video interviews
>
> * finding the stories that are happening on the floor so writers can put
> pieces together for publication on the dot and elsewhere

Sound great, thanks for volunteering.

> it would also be really great if we could work on making contact with some
> people in the press (lwn, datamation for the "home town" crew, but maybe also
> more mainstream like zdnet et al?) and arrange phone interviews with select
> members of the press during BDS.

We (as in the DS team) have already done that, and there are a couple
of journalists coming, including lwn and Linuxmagazine, and hopefully
also some German radio guys. But, of course, we can always use more
press :).

--

Claudia Rauch
Business Manager

KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Tübingen
(VR1301). Its president is Cornelius Schumacher. For more information
please see http://ev.kde.org, and http://kde.org/