List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Fwd: An N900 for the Kontact Touch and KDE community
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2011-07-20 7:26:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2011 22:26:15 schrieb Stuart Jarvis:
> On Tuesday 19 Jul 2011 05:30:33 Carl Symons wrote:
> > Could this be the Summit team phone discussed today?
> >
> > Use during the Summit. Prize to someone drawn from those who Join The
> > Game at the Summit.
>
> Might be a nice idea...

It is too late to make this the summit team phone I guess.
a) We do not have the device yet. Nokia is still in the process of shipping it
to us.
b) We've just announced how we are giving it away. So only if we do not get
any eligible applications, we can consider other uses.

> Bernhard, re making it news, did you mean the contest to decide who gets
> the phone or Kontact Touch's success? Either (or both) have potential I
> think, though the Qt-apps contest happened a while ago...

I mean both.

The winner was only announced on the 13th of June and only later we found that
we will get that N900 for being second place.

There are several opportunies how this can be tuned into a successful news or
press item.
1. Success of KDE Platform based application in the contest.
2. Professional companies recognising the large importance of the
  community by giving away the award
3. Happy community person with photo getting the n900 as opportunity to place
   the story to other media

I am mostly away until the summit, so I cannot really help with it.
In addition I am also involved with the company part and it is a lot nicer if
somebody else thinks about how much praise we actually deserve for it. I just
don't feel well writing this myself.

So all news you can do would be fine and probably good for KDE, Kontact Touch,
the companies associated and Free Software in general.

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member