List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [Kde-ev-campaign] Re: Join the game with a cookie
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-12 20:29:13

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Emil Sedgh <emilsedgh@kde.org> wrote:
> Hi.
> Main issue I see with JoinTheGame is that the webpage has very very
> little traffic. I tried spreading and rising it using the banners
> feature, but apperantly it didnt have much effect. We arent getting
> any more traffic.

Please note that Varnish is installed in front of Apache on the server
hosting Join the game, and it has a hit rate of approximately 80%.
This means that Apache is only seeing every 1 in 5 requests, as the
rest are served from Varnish's cache. For some sites, this is probably
higher than others. Images are also cached.

Therefore the statistics you are seeing may not be the complete truth.

> We should seriously consider asking more influential people in foss
> community to join/spread the word.

Regards,
Ben