List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [Kde-ev-campaign] Re: Join the game with a cookie
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-12 13:31:23

On Tuesday 12 Jul 2011 13:15:46 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 July 2011 06:36:33 Claudia Rauch wrote:
> > On 3 July 2011 01:35, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> wrote:
> > > We should use these http://qkies.de/ for getting people to join the
> > > game. Maybe something for the desktop summit?
> >
> > Seems like a fun idea. I don't have the time right now to investigate
> > this or organise much, since there is still a lot of other things to
> > take care of for the Desktop Summit, though.
>
> I would say the promo team should take care of this, not Claudia.

Ok, we'll keep this on the promo list.

> As in, if
> the promo team would like to do this, they can simply request a amount of
> $$ from the board to create the cookies by sending the board a proper
> proposal...

I rather lack the German skills to make much sense of this. The idea, I
assume, is that people scan the cookie with a smart phone and then get taken
to the website?

So, some questions:
- How widespread is that tech in phones? (From a quick look at the website it
seems you can tailor it to different phone OS - if codes are OS specific, how do
we get the right cookies to people with the right phones?)
- How much do the cookies cost?
- How tasty are they? (Will people have time to scan them, go to the website
and decide to spend 100 EURO - for me at least that would not be a split
second decision - or will they have eaten the tasty cookie and the barcode
already?)

--
Stuart Jarvis
KDE Marketing Working Group, Promotion Team and KDE.News

Experience Freedom with KDE
http://www.kde.org/