List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Website: Missing links to "professional"
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2011-07-04 15:15:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dear fellow KDE-Promoters,

this year I have twice gave the hint that there are companies
who will fix your KDE issues for money. Surprisingly this was not
well know nor expected.

For greater adoption of KDE products, we should make sure our main page at
least has some hint how to get support, paid support, development for doing
enchancements, consultants and all this.

I would expect this under the "Support" top menu, but also close
to "donating", because one very good way to support KDE is to pay companies
that are part of the KDE community.

(Full disclosure: My company Intevation is offering a number of services for
KDE products.)

I am willing to assist in coming up with a more generic text
as long as enterprise.kde.org is gone. Though the text would best go their.
Doing a list of companies offering services to KDE is difficult, because it
would need a set of good criteria and regular checks if they are met.
But generic hints about how to find a company or offerings of the
distributions should be easier to do for a start.

Best Regards,
Bernhard
--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member