List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [SPAM]  Re: kde haters' blog
From:       Dion Moult <dion () thinkmoult ! com>
Date:       2011-06-08 0:17:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 08 June 2011 02:46:52 Lukas wrote:
> On 8 June 2011 02:15, Alin Marin Elena <alinm.elena@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed 08 Jun 2011 00:03:38 Lukas wrote:
> > > Marketing gurus frequently saying* "bad press is better than no
> > > press"*.
> >
> > And
> >
> > > that's more or less true.
> >
> > silly me I thought was just a cheap paraphrase from Oscar Wilde...
>
> Oscar Wilde was a genius.Strange, but genius :)
> But sadly bad-press adds is at work. For starters, Mac vs. PC campaign?
> Bashing Win = bad press. "Good outcome" => world, where Linux does not even
> exists. But that's not topic here.
>

> I would not go so far and say people hate kde... People simple want to
>
> > express
> > their opinions... some do it in a civilised way... the rest in a very
> > non- academic language...
> >
> > I really do not see why we should employ censorship... debates, polemics
> > and
> > even rants can help in making kde better.
> >
> > Alin
>
> KDE shall not encourage hate-type writings, but in reality there will be
> some any way (and to be truth, some talks about real issues). Censorship is
> no-no. the question is if we let them troll in comments of press releases
> etc or in some place, there it does less harm and can be addressed
> appropriately.

Perhaps not encourage, but I think a "hate week" would be _great_ for KDE. One
week where all PlanetKDE bloggers have to write about the aspects of KDE which
annoys them or is lacking, taking a critical look at the programs they have
written and so on. That way it's bound to be constructive and it also softens
the "hate talk" from the community.

--
Dion Moult