List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: The Future of our Frameworks
From:       "Anne-Marie Mahfouf" <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2011-06-07 10:05:29

Hi Sebas,

For promo and translation of future announcements I'd like to get a basic
explanation of what the English word "framework" refers to. It can be quite \
 fuzzy in French for exemple depending on the meaning. Other translators \
would  also welcome a explanation on why you chose this word and what \
should it  describe
"we want to consistently use the term "Frameworks",
this includes what we currently refer to as kdelibs, kdepimlibs, \
kde-runtime,  kdepim-runtime and kdesupport."
Are these the libs that workspaces and KDE applications (software? Software \
 Compilation?) will be built on? Which would make "framework" = "basic \
blocks"  or something like that or something else?

A definition "framework = ..." would help to ensure we convey this \
correctly in  all languages.

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie