List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: The Future of our Frameworks - Promo POV
From:       Stuart Jarvis <jarvis () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-06 19:16:14

On Monday, June 06, 2011 06:26:38 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Instead of Platform, we want to consistently use the term "Frameworks",
> this includes what we currently refer to as kdelibs, kdepimlibs,
> kde-runtime, kdepim-runtime and kdesupport. We explicitely are not talking
> about our apps and workspaces, but read on.

RIP KDE Platform, long live KDE Frameworks.

You have made me a very happy bunny :-)

Question 1:
Is there exact equivalence between what we used to call the Platform and what
is now the Frameworks (right now, I mean - part of the whole point is that the
Frameworks are going to evolve and modularise in future)

Question 2:
Should we formally announce the change in terminology? In my opinion, being
explicit about the switch to talking about Frameworks (and what we mean
by that) could be useful, but doesn't necessarily need a whole article.
Therefore I'd like to see it in e.g. the Platform 11 Dot story.

Cheers,
Stu

--
Stuart Jarvis
KDE Marketing Working Group, Promotion Team and KDE.News

Experience Freedom with KDE
http://www.kde.org/