List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Join the Game update, thoughts
From:       Lukas <1lukas1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-07 22:55:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've been reading again a post on SM
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/14/non-profit-website-design-examples-and-best-practices

While Join The Game differs a bit from the examples in the post, as it is
dedicated to supporting KDE, not for entire Foundations campaign, but I
can't find any reason why of them shouldn't be used as a check list for JTG.
Also examples are worthy checking for inspiration (design and content wise)

As Cornelius suggested, having testimonials is a great idea

A few points not to forget for tomorrow:
* Why there is no screenshots of KDE software? How can we make sure average
user will understand where he is?
* Just at the sprint I realized, that purpose of JTG  is to get only
financial contributions. We definitely have to stress #3 and have link to
info how can user contribute non-financially.
* Are we doing Join process right? Like we want person to donate, not to
hook in like in some sect. Could it be pay first, register later (ONLY if
you want).

While previous topics looks obvious to people who actually creates the
website, it doesn't mean it makes any sense to someone from the outside
world.