List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo]  Join the Game update, thoughts
From:       Emil Sedgh <emilsedgh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-07 18:14:44

Hello guys.

I received an update on Join the Game. With lots of respect for you guys, i
have a few conerns.

1) Its no more obvious what the site is all about. The paragraph which used to
be beside the banner, described the whole thing very fast. Now its a slogan,
which doesnt give any hint about purpose of the page.

2) The page was empty. Now its a wall of text. We should keep the balance.
The 'Why?' column has too much text, and actually none of them are a reason
for joining the campaign. A simple reason like 'I use KDE and I want to make
sure you guys improve it' seems like a more valid 'reason' than those we
currently have. Also, 'I would like to contribute to kde' is another reason.

3) We are not doomed to have 4-columns-of-text. If we dont have much more to
say, we can fill it up with better stuff.

The 'Your benefits' column doesnt make sense. None of them are really benefits,
important enough for someone to register. Also, we shouldnt be giving them
expectation of having a benefit. There is no benefit on this. There's just
helping KDE.

If we want to motivate visitors to join, there are better ways.
For example, I have the idea of showing names of last 3 members. (Just an
idea, there are other motivations as well)

Or we could go with a 3-column layout.

For those who are not at promo sprint:
Current webpage:
http://emilsedgh.info/index.php

New proposed webpage:
http://emilsedgh.info/proposed

P.S: Just my two cents, I hope i didnt offend anyone.
Have fun toghether!

P.S II: Join the Game's code is hosted on git repository on projects.kde.org,
you can clone it and patch it right there.