List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Commit Digest and Dot
From:       Emil Sedgh <emilsedgh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-18 13:23:51

On Do shanbe 29 Farvardin 1390 15:54:05 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 2011-04-05 Danny wrote:
> > I agree, it was quite demotivating for me when I did the Digest
> > myself to do all that work and see little or no comments on the Dot,
> > even though I knew it was quite highly read.
> >
> > As a long time Dot editor, I know the whole backstory surrounding the
> > comment situation, but even taking into account its goals, I
> > consider the policy a failure. I will look at sending an email to
> > the Dot list to start a discussion about this (although i'm not sure
> > how simple technically it is for them to turn off the authentication
> > system now...)
>
> Afaik anonymous commenting has been turned on for a while on the dot,
> but resulted in quite some spam. I don't know the status of automatic
> anti-spam measures... Maybe someone on www knows?

As far as I remember, anonymous commenting was turned of not because of spams,
but because of trolls. 4.0 days are over. 4.6 is mature and users are happy.
I think its now safe to turn it on.

I also remember some other people (on irc) want the anon commenting back, as
currently dot has no feedback at all.