On Do shanbe 29 Farvardin 1390 15:54:05 Jos Poortvliet wrote: > On 2011-04-05 Danny wrote: > > I agree, it was quite demotivating for me when I did the Digest > > myself to do all that work and see little or no comments on the Dot, > > even though I knew it was quite highly read. > > > > As a long time Dot editor, I know the whole backstory surrounding the > > comment situation, but even taking into account its goals, I > > consider the policy a failure. I will look at sending an email to > > the Dot list to start a discussion about this (although i'm not sure > > how simple technically it is for them to turn off the authentication > > system now...) > > Afaik anonymous commenting has been turned on for a while on the dot, > but resulted in quite some spam. I don't know the status of automatic > anti-spam measures... Maybe someone on www knows? As far as I remember, anonymous commenting was turned of not because of spams, but because of trolls. 4.0 days are over. 4.6 is mature and users are happy. I think its now safe to turn it on. I also remember some other people (on irc) want the anon commenting back, as currently dot has no feedback at all. _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.