List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Promo Sprint Confirmed - Book now
From:       Carl Symons <carlsymons () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-01 18:25:39

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 March 2011 16:44:32 Claudia Rauch wrote:
> > >
> > > Now I won't be at the promo sprint myself anyway, but dear carl, we
> > > really have to arrange a meeting some day. Start striking out the
> > > Desktop Summit dates please, be there!
> >
> > Fully agreed. Sorry to hear that you can't attend the sprint, Carl.
> > Was looking forward to meeting you in person!
> >
> > So, you really have to come to either Camp KDE or the Desktop Summit :)
>
> Desktop Summit - since I can't make Camp KDE :-(

Thank you.

I feel appreciated. Not only that, the activities, people and promise
related to KDE are among the most rewarding things for me.

CampKDE is out for me too. I'm one of the organizers of
linuxfestnorthwest.org (Apr30&May1); April is crunch time for that.

> I think Carl is actually the latest IBM supercomputer promotion stunt and
> can't come because then we'll realise he really is a machine ;-)

Well, that's the nicest performance appraisal I've ever gotten. Thank you.

Actually, another thing I've been doing lately with great satisfaction
is playing the guitar and singing "protest" songs at the local meadery
open mike...heart rather than head. If you have a chance, check out
Eric Bogle & The Band Played Waltzing Matilda on youtube...one of the
pieces I've done. It's convinced some local youths that open source
has more promise than the military.

Warm regards,

Carl