List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: KDE Promo ideas
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-01 10:27:35

Hi Liam

On Saturday 29 January 2011 19:53:36 Liam wrote:
> Have a promo where the user can Donate and they get a T-shirt or
> hat.

It's good to hear from you and it's an interesting idea. The main problem is
one of cost. We have a merchandise store [1, 2] where most t-shirts start at
16 Euro/Dollar so that already takes up quite a lot of a potential donation.
There are also admin costs associated with processing donations and addressing
and mailing the t-shirts.

We also have the Individual Supporting Membership program [3] where our
supporters receive a little gift to say welcome and thanks for the support.

However, having mas produced (and therefore cheaper) items to sell at events
is maybe something we could look into.

Cheers,
Stu
(KDE Promo)