List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: 4.7 release notes early?
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-27 10:09:23

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 01:36:02 Vivek Prakash wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > A Dimecres, 26 de gener de 2011, Markus Slopianka va escriure:
> > > Hi.
> > > I was thinking we could start the 4.7 release notes early. They could
> > then
> > > also serve for the betas and RCs.

Good call, Markus.

> > And translators will have more than -5 seconds to translate.

Indeed.

> Let's use https://promo.notes-dev.kde.org/14 for it.  I've inserted the 4.6
> announcements as a template.. as the 4.7 feature plan [1] is updated, let's
> clear out the old information and replace it.

Probably best is to start with empty categories: Plasma, Apps, Platform and
fill in bullet points there, otherwise it gets too hard to distinguish new
from 4.6 items (yes, can really be an issue, not know when exactly something
was added). The text for the individual items needs to be written completely
anyway, so I think it's better starting with a clean slate.

We also need to poke developers somewhat regularly to update the Feature Plan.
I'll do that just now, in fact.

> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.7_Feature_Plan

Cheers,
--