List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Get the promo booklet ready by January
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2011-01-19 1:30:37

Hello,

I've just skimmed over the booklet. I'm probably too late but anyway:

- Nice work! :-)
- Most screenshots are stretched, which IMHO makes them look ugly
- Fonts don't look too well in Mac OS X 10.6.6. In Google Chrome with
the native PDF viewer they look OK. But I don't really know how the
actual fonts look. If you generate another PDF, please include the
fonts
- About the content: mostly OK by me (as I said, I've just skimmed
over it) but I find surprising there is no mention on platforms (how
to get KDE or what operating systems it is available for). I think
this is important.

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Felix Michel <felix_michel@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> now we have a first draft of the promo booklet.
>
> Now I got some questions, suggestions and I call for help.
>
> I just have a minor issue with the Development chapter. It wasnt in the table
> of contents that's why the table of contents is not designed for more than ten
> entries. Is the devolpment part a chapter or is it part of the contribute
> chapter? In this version i left the Development chapter aside.
>
> So, for the booklet.
>
> We need:
>
> - better Screenshots
> - Sidebar content for the Enjoy part (e.g. Tips & Tricks) and Workspaces part
> - A Cover
>
> Could you read the booklet carefully, comment it and send it back to me or
> upload it somewhere? It is really important to check the layout, the content
> and the arrangement of the content. If there is something you dislike I am
> happy and willing to change it, just tell me where.
>
> Hope you like the work so far and keep in mind that it is a first draft.
>
> You can find the booklet here:
>
> www.tradukt.ch/kde_booklet.pdf
>
> cheers
>
> felix