List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Ubuntu and Qt
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-18 17:20:52

On Tuesday 18 January 2011 17:02:46 Oriol Mirosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As many of you must have seen already, Mark Shuttleworth published a blog
> entry today in which he discusses the development of dconf bindings for Qt
> so that there can be Qt apps on Ubuntu.

New to me (of course I knew about the Qt-Unity stuff)

> I think it would be nice to have
> one or more opinion pieces about this from the KDE community with
> reactions and views about the possible implications of such a move. These
> pieces could be published in the new 'opinion' section of the Dot.
>
> Is anybody on this list willing to write such an article? Do you know of
> somebody (even if not on this list) who would be a good person to write
> about this?

Mark Shuttleworth? ;-) Actually, I'm not even joking...

Otherwise, it could be any KDE app developer or one of our friends from
whatever Nokia call Trolltech nowadays (I've lost track - is it still Qt
Development Frameworks? Qt Software?). If you look at the source of Planet KDE
there are several with blogs on labs.qt.nokia.com - worth looking out for blog
posts about it and then maybe approach the author to do an article?

Someone from Kubuntu could also have an interesting angle...

Cheers,
Stu